A View From Over The Scales

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Thursday morning... 2:24 am.

I awoke after 2 hours sleep with shoulder pain... Damn it hurts (a lot)...

I usually check emails and the like and decided to go back to the start of the blog and read it from start to finish.

It really has been a journey and a half to get here.

I started the blog to let friends know what was happening, and it has become far more than that for me. It is a reference with clear historical markers of my journey, the motivating factors, my "head space" at the time and some interesting "special" events. It charts some down times, and marks points of celebration...

Re-reading it has been cathartic, particularly the comments from people, and a real lift.

The shoulder pain has passed, and I need to sleep now.

Onwards to sleep

Goodnight!

Oh, I just looked at the title of this post, and it reminded me of one of my favourite songs, Simon and Garfunkle’s Wednesday Morning 3 A.M (P.Simon). I particularly love the description of the girl on the bed beside me... I see that every night (and I love it)

I can hear the soft breathing
Of the girl that I love,
As she lies here beside me
Asleep with the night,
And her hair, in a fine mist
Floats on my pillow,
Reflecting the glow
Of the winter moonlight.

She is soft, she is warm,
But my heart remains heavy,
And I watch as her breasts
Gently rise, gently fall,
For I know with the first light of dawn
Ill be leaving,
And tonight will be
All I have left to recall.

Oh, what have I done,
Why have I done it,
Ive committed a crime,
Ive broken the law.
For twenty-five dollars
And pieces of silver,
I held up and robbed
A hard liquor store.

My life seems unreal,
My crime an illusion,
A scene badly written
In which I must play.
Yet I know as I gaze
At my young love beside me,
The morning is just a few hours away.





Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home