A View From Over The Scales

Saturday, October 06, 2007

One week to go.

The Optifast thing is clearly working, if the idea is to be hungry all of the time except for that brief millisecond after consuming a chocolate shake for breakfast!!!

Well, it is not that bad. I get the feeling that weight is dropping off right now, but I really do not have the energy to get out and walk too far right now. Even the geocaching has dropped off the radar a bit recently due to work and work and other stuff.. The ever elusive 500 finds is drawing ever so slowly nearer. I am hoping to hit it this coming week.

The thing about the sudden and severe change of diet has been the low to medium grade headaches that started. They have all but stopped now, so all I have to do is watch the dehydration thing... That means drink 2 litres of water a day or more.

I have had to eat a little lean meat protien to get through these last few days, and it is nice to get something with a bit of flavour in the diet. Lean chiken tenderloins, cooked wiithout oil, but rubbed with a nice curry powder, then drizzled some soy over it... heaven!!! A little bit of protien, no fat but heaps of flavour...

I was sitting down the other evening just craving flavour, and I spy a jar of Vegemite... Hmmmm flavour... I dipped my finger in the jar and had a generous smear. It was delightful, and the hunger pangs disappeared for a bit... The things you crave for.

Oh well, 5 more days of optifast, then L-day.. I have to go to a pre-admission appointment sometime in the next few days. I am now on holidays, but have volunteered to go back to work for a night shift when they have to switch off the computer systems and go to manual dispatch from midnight to 6am. I would not miss that for quids, as it takes me back to the "good old days"! It will be a bit of a challenge food wise, but doable.

I must admit to a bit of trepidation to going in for surgery, but based on all of the research, and minimal complications, I KNOW this is the right thing to do.

Counting the days down!!





Tags:

2 Comments:

At 06 October, 2007 22:52, Blogger Unknown said...

If you can push through to the other side with the Optifast you are left with a kind of pleasant feeling of cleanliness. I found it to be quite enjoyable once my voracious hunger pains subsided into a background grumble. One of my side effects was that I almost straight away suddenly need less sleep. I found myself being perfectly capable of operating on 4-5 hours sleep per night. My personal opinion was that with my body devoid of the need to "burn" the food I was putting into it, meant that my energy levels ended up higher.

My other symptoms included headaches for the first week, irritability, cotton wool mouth (which was kind of cool because it kept me drinking plenty of fluids), and a constant erection... just kidding about the erection.

Best of luck Bob. It will be worth it once you've got your lil buddy installed!

Cheers
Stu

 
At 09 October, 2007 21:09, Blogger Rastas000 said...

Hey Stu,

Thanks for the feedback and best wishes. I can concur with all of your observations...

I cant wait for Gilligan to be installed... (What else would I call my Lil' Buddy??)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home