A View From Over The Scales

Monday, December 11, 2006

Ongoing success... and food for thought

It has been a bit of time since I last blogged, and for those who have emailed to prompt me to do so, here is the latest iteration.

It seems like i have now stabilised my glucose levels and I never cease to be amazed at what my body reacts to and how it relates to BSL. I was expecting to wake this morning to a higher than usual reading after a nice dessert last night at the sauna dinner. This was not the case. Stranger and stranger..

Not to worry, all is good. I have decided to work towards a late January timeframe for my gastric band surgery. I could have gone just before christmas, but I really was not enamoured with the idea of not having people (doctors etc) around during the holiday week and early in the new year. I now need to get the endocrinologist on board with the surgeon to make sure that I am properly monitored pre and post operatively. It is just a complication (without much risk at all) that needs to be considered.

Apart from that all has been good on the home front, but I have had a few issues of concern raise their heads within my family. These things, albeit best case scenario given the discoveries, are in the forefront of my mind. I know things will turn out for the best, but one cannot help worrying when it is some one who you love. It just tends to focus you on the important things, the things that matter.










Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home