A View From Over The Scales

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

News: I am diabetic


How do I feel today?

This morning I woke up feeling like crap. Nothing physically, just emotionally low.

I did wake up F and tell her, she did absorb it and we spoke this morning (a bit). I was not really feeling like conversation.

I called my parents to let them know what was happening, as I did not want them finding out on this blog. Dad and I spoke for a bit and as Mum was out walking, I rang her later...

I also rang my GP this morning, first thing, and was doubled in for an appointment as soon as I could get there. I really like my GP (hereafter known as Dr Hyper), as he is bloody good and he speaks to me at a level that I can understand and appreciate the nuances.

This new event has been pretty confronting and he did as he usually does. He provided good info, did not pull punches, reassured me that this was not the end of the world, prescribed the treatment for the next week or so, arranged followup and cheered me up and arranged for the BSL test (that came in better than last night) along with followup pathology in the short term, then gave me his (almost goofy) grin as I went on my way.

I now feel like I have some control over the situation, and generally, upon reflection, realise that this is OK in a weird sort of way.

If I want to beat this, it is all up to me (and the gastric band)...

You know, I am alright with that!






Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home