A View From Over The Scales

Friday, November 03, 2006

Diabetes support in Australia

The past few days have been a bit of a whirlwind.

I know about the basics of diabetes and what causes it (particularly in my case) but going through the processes of getting glucose monitoring equipment and signing on the the
National Diabetes Support Scheme (NDSS) and just getting my head around having to watch what carbs I eat, has been a hell of a load to run through.

The good news is that my
Blood Sugar Level (BSL) has progressively been trending downwards. It is still too high, by a long shot, but heading in the right direction.

I am not sure if I am feeling any better, but I am not feeling any worse.

I must admit to a certain annoyance at not being able to proceed with my surgery straight away, but as they say, good things come to those who wait!







Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home