A View From Over The Scales

Friday, April 27, 2007

Calls from friends from long time past.

There are times where your heart just jumps.

A couple of weeks ago, I was sitting at my computer and saw a request for a call come up. It was a name that I had not seen in 4 years or so, and before that, it was about 20 years ago.

This was a girl who I went out with for a while and we were very close.

Neither of us know what happened to the relationship, there was no animosity, no arguements, just an acceptance that this was the way it was.

I was at work when the phone rang from a colleague (one I worked for 20 or so years ago) and she said there was some one who wanted to speak to me. I recognised the voice in a millisecond and it was like no time had passed at all.

We met and had coffee, I dropped in to visit her mum a few days later. It was a treasured time.

So, when she popped up a few weeks ago, it was an absolute pleasure. We have spent many hours chatting on Skype and it is just a great way to hook up with her and keep up.

Of another interesting point, we discovered that even though we had not seen each other for so long, that we have both gone down similar paths as far as recreation and lifestyle choices go. I wonder if we influenced each other (unknowingly) at the time.

Oh, and this is a weight loss blog... I am still pulling in the belt tighter on a regular basis, my blood sugar level is holding in the desirable range and I am feeling better than I have in many years..

I have been enjoying my geocaching more and more, and hit the 200 caches found last weekend. I am trying for 100 caches in the month of April. Click on the link at the top right hand side of the page to follow the geocaching quest.

Life is good, and all I have to do is sell the van.

Onwards....




Tags:

1 Comments:

At 08 August, 2007 03:49, Blogger RedShoes said...

Hey Not-so-Big-Guy!

What's up -- or down?????

From April to August is to long for nothing to have happened!!

lots of love and hugs from your favourte red-dish fan xxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home