A View From Over The Scales

Monday, March 19, 2007

Interesting changes.

It is interesting what you notice yourself.

This time last year, my bride and I flew down to Sydney to visit a friend on her birthday. It was a good time, but the flight down was bloody uncomfortable. It is hard enough when you are 6'2"tall to get some leg room, but when you are a FAB (fat a$$ed B@stard) it is near impossible.

I also struggled with the climb up the driveway and the stairs and the shower opening was smaller than Bob sized. It was a real struggle.

Aint it amazing what a year does.... This year, it was a reasonably comfortable flight down, I COULD fit into the shower NO PROBS!!! The hill was not a bother, the walk to the shops was something I wanted to do, we went out and walked around without me experiencing any back pain, and the snoring was almost non existent.

I bloody well like this new stuff, and on the whole life is so much better when you do not have a lot of the underlying troubles.

And to top it off, I managed to snatch some geocaches while I was down there.

It can only get better as well!! I just do not really understand how things got so bad weight wise...or more to the point, why I did not register that it really was happening. It is the 64 Million dollar question. If I had the answer to that, I would be rich AND skinny!!

Onward...

Oh, and happy Birthday MJ!!!!






Tags:

1 Comments:

At 30 March, 2007 18:43, Blogger Mister Pervert said...

It really is a great feeling to experience changes like that. My own progress has reached a plateau (I expected it would), but my lifestyle has changed, and the plateau brings me in close to 97cm jeans again.

As to 'how' things can escalate in the first place? For me, aside from the obvious (too much beer and pizza), I think I simply stopped looking the the mirror. I was never one to rationalize it -- I never said, 'I'm one of those fat, happy people'.

I just ignored it. I suspect there's some kind of addiction process at play (in my case), meaning, I live in a world filled with booby-trap triggers. My underlying mania was also something like a pendulum in the past, swinging wildly between manic dieting, and unbridled excess. Learning to grab that pendulum by the throat has helped.

Anyway, great to hear you're kicking ass :)

Chat soon...

Ken

PS: We really should do breakfast/brunch again sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home