A View From Over The Scales

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Todays the day!

I was surprised that I was able to sleep so well last night. I was anticipating a bit of a toss and turn night. Perhaps the nightshift the night before was the contributing factor! As it was, apart from the snappy and jump down your throat mood I was in yesterday (more attribyutd to nightshifts that I am unused to), sleep came pretty easily and I slept the sleep of the unconcerned!

I have awoken today with no feeling of apprehension. Well, not about the afternoon, but more about finding something to wear as pyjamas (that can be worn in public)...

So, off to the shops, search for some boxer shorts, bring home wash and have dry and ready to go.

Timetable for today is:
  • Shop, wash dry new purchases, food (if you want to call it that) and water at 9am, then fast until surgery time.
  • Head to the hospital for 11am admission (a barrage of paperwork) and then a bit of a read/snooze before pre-operative meds and surgery scheduled for 4pm.

I am sort of hoping I don't remember anything about the rest of the day until tomorrow morning. In fact I am looking forward to the sleep.

If all is good, and I can swallow a bit of fluid tomorrow, it is home time. It seems the xray they do to check placement has gone by the wayside if there are no issues swallowing.

On another point, I have been innundated with messages of support, care, and best wishes.

Thanks for the good thoughts! It has been refreshing and dare I say, humbling, to have so many people ring or message! (there goes another one now)

More soon.

and thanks again!




Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home