A View From Over The Scales

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Preadmission capers.B-Day-48hrs

It was a bit of a full on day today... Because it had been so long since I had seen Dr MOF (the surgeon), I went to see him today and decided to do the pre-admission assessment and interview afterwards.

Dr MOF was his usual delightful self and all of the bases covered again regarding the surgery, potential complications and the procedure. I had a few questions to ask as well.

It was also the first time I paid some significant dollars out!! I guess I look at this from a positive point of view when I say that all I could think of at the time was the points that would be accumulated on the credit card...

The preadmission appointment went well... It was a case of MORE forms to fill out, and a blood test (that drained me of bucket loads of blood) from a phlebotomist that was pain free. I have had a good run recently with the blood suckers of the clinical world.

I also had to get an ECG as well.. It was a nice quick turnaround at each location.

I left a little bouyed by the experience, I dont know why apart from it really was time. It seems my surgery will be at about 4pm and 99 times out of 100 I should be out the next day. Dr MOF even said that they don't do the xray any more (UNLESS there is a problem swallowing a little water)

Strangely, I am off to work in about 90 minutes as we have to take the CAD (computer Aided Dispatch) system down for maintenance for a few hours. Wow, a night shift the day before surgery, am I crazy?? Ahhh who cares, it will be fun running a manual dispatch system!!!

So for now, I am feeling really great, expecting to sleep much of toomorrow (and the afternoon after)...

I also cannot thank those friends of mine who have called and provided support over the past weeks. It has been welcomed.

Feelin' good, do do dododo doo!!! (ahh shoot, a medical benefits jingle, noooooooooo)

Hooroo and Onwards





Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home