A View From Over The Scales

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A bit of a blue funk this morning...

I woke up early this morning feeling pretty down. Partly coz it was 4:20am and I was hurting a lot, and partly coz I was thinking over the past few days and wondering if it was all worth it.

Now, the self-pity lasted until about 2pm today... I got back to bed at about 6.30 and slept until 9:30 and it was the sleep of the dead!! No pain, no waking moments, just good sleep!

I have been having a really difficult time getting fluids down my throat, to the tune of only about 800ml yesterday. My blood sugar was quite low this morning (not dangerously low but as low as I have ever had it) and I was feeling quite light headed and not myself.

I had a pee this morning and just about had a coronary until I realised that the colour was due to the Supadyn multi-vitamin (sort of like Berocca) that I had yesterday... It was looking for a second like I was VERY dehydrated. This along with the light-headedness was all conspiring to get me concerned.

For a moment there I was wondering what it would take to get the band out and call all of this a bad dream. The feeling passed...

At lunch time (for the want of a better description), I made a call to the nurse that I saw as part of the pre-operative checks and information sessions and left a message. She called back an hour or so later and we discussed some of the issues and a bit about what I was experiencing.

One of the things that has really been concerning was this pain I was getting that was shooting into the shoulder near the neck. Because I had escaped the referred pain in the post surgical day, I figured it was not going to be a problem... Not the case buckeroo!!! This was a classic case I was told, and I have managed to work out it is when I eat and the stomach pouch fills… Yet another motivation not to eat???

Shortly after I had the chat with the nurse, DR. MOF called me to follow up.

I must say that after I had spoken to the both of them, I felt my spirits lift. I was not imagining things, and the experiences were not out of the ordinary.

The bottom line is.. I had a second surgery, it will take a bit of time to recover and heal (allow the swelling to go down) as it was significant work. IN the long run, it will come good.

You know what the really bizarre thing is?? I have not felt hungry since Thursday last week! Sure I would like to eat, but there was no HUNGER!!!

I do not recall what this feels like, not being hungry all of the time…

So, tonight, I am sucking on a COLD slurpy (my first in over 12 months) and it feels good! It will give me a bit of sugar to help with the BSL, and did I mention it feels GOOD???

I am also feeling good in myself, a really huge change from this morning. And I have to say, that each time I get a call from someone, or they email with a message of support, or leave a message on this blog, I get a lift!

Kudos to you all for being there for me. I really need/ed it.







Tags:

1 Comments:

At 18 October, 2007 07:41, Blogger Crazy Cat Lady said...

Glad it helps :)

We care, and we want to see you happy and healthy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home