A View From Over The Scales

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Lessons in how my body works...

As strange as it seems, I have spent much of the past week trying to work out what the sensations and feelings I have been having, mean.

What is that feeling??? Does it mean I have had enough? Is it that I have over eaten? Is it just an artifact of healing or fighting the infection?? I really have been struggling with the trying to equate one behaviour or action with the sensation.

I have been still feeling that shoulder pain on a regular basis. For a while it was when I thought I had eaten some cold stuff, then it happened with hot stuff.... What is happening here? Oh well, time will tell.

As far as the leakage goes, it is still being a bit yukky (techo term I know, but it seemed appropriate)... The volume has diminished and the pain levels of the wound site are diminishing. The antibiotics seem to be working and I am not doubled over in pain when I stand anymore. I was asked today how I felt out of 10, and i said that it was about a 6...

Thats not too bad I guess. The thing is, I generally feel a whole lot better overall, but the ongoing painful niggles are just a PITA.. (well, belly/neck/side/and other non descript places)

Of another point of interest, I have been testing my blood sugars and given that I have not taken any diabetic medications since surgery, I have not had any high readings. Is this attributable to the smaller amounts of food (albeit that some are sugar laden) or the fact that I may have crossed the weight threshold that has caused the issue?? Who knows?? The great thing is that despite the slight difficulties to date, there is positive movement on some of the more serious issues!!

Onward....




Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home