A View From Over The Scales

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Hmmmm, I am leaking....

Time for the "Short Story"???

It seems I am leaking...
I had to go to the surgeon to follow up on what appeared to be an infection at one of the wound sites. It is the largest of the wounds and is the location of the port (where they inject to place fluid in the band)..

I have been having some pretty intense pain for a couple of days and the day before yesterday, I "sprung a leak" from the wound site. Not to get too icky about it, as it is a good thing as when it drains a large chunk of the pain dissipates as the pressure drops.

Dr MOF aspirated some fluid from the wound, took a swab for pathology, and squeezed and prodded a bit more. It was not "painful" rather some odd little sensations... I am getting good at the sensations aspect of what is going on.

If there is an infection around the port site, it will mean another couple of procedures to remove it, allow healing, and then replace it some 6+ weeks later.... Joy oh bloody joy!!! However, with luck, we may have got the antibiotics going in time, and the site may clear up, and well, it all may be ticketty-boo!

Given my current run, I am sure I wont be betting on the Melbourne Cup!!! I want all my "luck" focussed on this little hiccup...

I am taking all of this in my stride (I think) and know that things will be better in the future, regardless of what the present holds. I am now officially (in my own mind) "allergic to pain”... When I feel pain, I feel like crud!! I am not sure I want to go through a desensitisation program though! :) (on the other hand, the visit to the hospital puts a lot of my whinges into perspective, and they become just that, whinges)

Interestingly, I arose this morning without much tenderness, BUT, if the last few days is a guide, that will pass in a bout 10 hours and this afternoon bed will call to make things feel better..

Good news is, that I have had very little shoulder pain recently!

Onwards (down the highway, albeit a little bumpy right now)





Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home